Saturday, January 21, 2006

Paranoid Androids

Oh god it was horrible! I witnessed the hallucinations of a sexually frustrated ‘poet’ and a ‘dance’ performance by 4 ladies who bore a strong resemblance to Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz. It was awful, obscene even! There was something about robots and their genitalia, a lot of lilac objects, a disappointed virginity and a whole lot of other vaguely fantastic but sexually oriented imagery. It was a phantasmagoria of galactic proportions – in the league of the Azgoths of Kria (Once during a recitation by their Poet Master Grunthos the Flatulent of his poem “Ode to a small lump of green putty I found in my armpit one midsummer morning” four of his audience died of internal hemorrhaging, and the President of the Mid-Galactic Arts Nobbling Council survived by gnawing one of his legs off). Makes you wonder about the poet’s personal and social life – a perennial loser!
Oh! The dance! It was straight out of Zee Horror Show – B-class, low budget horror ‘dance’. There were pieces of cloth and plastic sheets and strange markings on the plastic sheets. The background narration sounded like a 1940’s recording. It was a conversation between a poet and a non-poet which was somewhat amusing. But the ghastly dance was so unnerving I could barely understand anything said or done around me. I was mute and in shock! I’m not at all exaggerating (maybe presenting it differently), Loony can confirm.
The other poets were decent though. And the seahorse got so emotional while reading her poem that she could barely be heard. There was a decent crowd though, mostly family and friends probably, but sizeable anyway. And the poems were deeply appreciated. And there were enthusiastic camerapersons desperately trying to capture the moments. A couple of cell phones fell from the hands of their shocked owners. Overall it was a queer experience. Oh! By the way…I didn’t buy the book!! I was lucky to escape with my mental stability intact! I know I’ll get a phone call soon… Anyway...
Jazzfest 2006 - Dalhousie Institute - 21st, 22nd Jan - Do not Miss!
Looking forward to the jazz fest today, good music can do wonders to people in deep shock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home