Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The M-theory



What happens when you listen to Mozart early in the morning? Umm…let me see…
Woke up to missed calls from my secret admirer (some stooped hutch number), half past 10…classes start at 9.50, hardware practical, electronics lab. Brushing and music get along very well, so I put on Mozart Symphony 39 in E-flat major. All hangovers vanished in a flash, I could conquer the universe, I was God.
Reached college at 12.30, recess, canteen. Was greeted with a standing ovation. Why? Because I got selected for the poetry writing competition!!!! Even more shocking was the fact that I allegedly came first!!!!! Guess who came second…the seahorse!!! That not only makes me a legendary figure in the computer science department, it also proves what a farce this whole poetry thing is. Some people have spend their entire lives reading poetry and the history of English literature and god knows what so that they can compose good poems with deep implications. And then this wannabe from the science department comes along, writes utter crap with no meaning at all let alone deep hidden connotations, and gets selected to represent the College in the poetry writing competition!!! All the great poets in the college must be bitching about me!! That makes me feel sooooo good! The not so good part is that I have to write more of that crap for the finals.
1.00 – HOD’s class, software practical…useless class, never learnt anything from it…went to Bar-B-Q instead. SS gave a treat and again I had to pay a part of it…he can never give a treat where I don’t have to pay.
Went back to college, found it to be extremely boring, so fixed up an appointment with my boss at Zeeshan. Amidst intensive discussions about work, I was treated to Softy Kebab (cute name for a kabab, isn’t it?).
Then it was time for my fusion band practice. On the way, my good jazz pianist friend decided to take a roshogolla detour. He insisted that the shopkeeper should provide hot roshogollas and so they heated them up!!...in a microwave!! Now how many of you can claim to have roshogolla heated up in a microwave?? It was definitely a first for me.
The practice was perfect: no drunk people demanding we play John Denver, no offbeat drumming, no volume control problems, no smart-alec comments. There were people dancing to keep rhythm and the drummer shouting out to stop us from adding more complications to the track.. This band has a future, I can sense it…
Back at home I had to cook chicken (parents are on a holiday, I’m alone in the house! yay yay!). I had shredded and sautéed chicken with roti, caramel custard and “Enchanted Forest” (my own invention) which is a cocktail made of vodka, aam panna, green chillies, Tabasco sauce, lime and mint leaves.
Thus ended a day which was as perfect as it gets. This is what happens when you listen to Mozart in the morning. Try it and tell me about your experiences.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bone said...

a birthday passed recently it seems, eh? happy belated... and all that blahblahblah.

and now you owe me a treat, mr. poet gairik. muahahahahaha.

Tue Dec 20, 02:07:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

ai chup.
I want to see what you wrote.

Tue Dec 20, 06:33:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

ha ha !

Poet goirik ...great going ..
best wishes for the main event today ..

Wed Dec 21, 11:47:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

thass not fair. Thass not fair at all paddy.

Thu Dec 22, 03:34:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

ok...i will not rite any more poetry...this time i participated just to prove a point...and i'm glad i proved it!...i'm not writing pseudo poetry again to win any competition.
But the meatwhore series will definitely continue :-)
I cant show what i wrote utill i get the final results...maybe tomorrow...
yes...a birthday passed by...and i'm expecting a treat too!
thanks for the happy belated 'blahblahblah'. you'll have to find me first to get a treat...

Thu Dec 22, 06:54:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Aruni Bhattacharya said...

i cant believe u never had heated up rasogolla and pantua...they r gr8...i also cant believe that u came first in that poetry thing! neway thanx fr the vodka thing though. will try it out at hme.oh paddy loved ur blog....cldnt leave mesage though...

Sat Dec 24, 02:14:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home