Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Absolutist’s Day Out – Part 3 (Well, Not Really!!)


“You called me a seahorse on your blog…,” the slur was all too familiar.
“Well?...,”
“Why did you call me a seahorse?” some people are so eager to get insulted!
“Isn’t it evident,”
(Wide satisfied grin) That got rid of her, again! She’s damn persistent, don’t you think?

“Do you have time to practice?”
“I think I do…”
Some people have serious attitude problems. What kind of a tone is that? It’s true that she has auditions today and I am supposed to accompany her and we haven’t practiced the song properly, but even then… “Do you have time…,” What kind of a remark is that? The song’s easy for me to play, I just have to go on stage and play a few chords, that’s it. What’s all the fuss about? She’s looking at me as if I was a convicted rapist. Oh well, I don’t think I’ll ever understand women. They are so exquisitely complicated.

Talking of women, I can never understand why some can be so self-depreciating. All they can do is criticize every inch of their physical and spiritual being and feel happy about it. Someone who can sing well will convince herself that she’s no good, someone who can play the guitar well will convince herself that she won’t get anywhere because she lacks passion and others just believe that life is boring. And the strange fact is that they support their views fanatically. Nothing can convince them otherwise. You can see for yourself, just visit some random blogs by females. Generally, the posts start out pretty well but in the end it’s always something to do with how superficial they are, how incompetent they find themselves to be and how much they ate and how fat they are becoming. Isn’t there more to life than just that. And some call ME self-absorbed!

How can you listen to U2 and read Harry Potter at the same time? There can be two reasons for doing so, 1. Your auditory and visual senses work independently, which is a physiological miracle or 2. You just want to look cool with the headphones on and also want people to notice that you are reading. What do you make of it??

No, no, no! It is not happening any more. The flow is not there at all. The preceding sentences were forced and did not come naturally. The writing too doesn’t have that punch. I think I should give it a rest for a while. Perhaps I’m not in the mood to murder people. I’m sure it won’t take long to get mad at life and society again! Till then this 5-part series is……

5 Comments:

Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

There's more to life than discussing one's weight.
But get this: not everyone wants to share everything they do, feel or think with every random person on earth.
Don't judge people you don't really know, by observing a single eyebrow arch, smile or other often meaningless gestures.
That is your own insecurity speaking then...not their flaws.
But then, it is your blog... and character assassination is your latest hobby. So go right ahead.

Wed Dec 07, 08:20:00 PM 2005  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

i'm sorry that a lot of people think that whatever i write on my blog are my feelings exactly...they are not. I DO NOT judge people. This blog is not about real people. But its fun to see how people choose some of the characters to be their own. that was the whole point of the exercise! But there is a dearth of interesting characters to assassinate so there will probably be just one more post...which will be a massacre of sorts!

Wed Dec 07, 11:28:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Delphic Oracle said...

...hmmm...attitude problem, aha...tell me about it...it's good that it actually registered in ur head as an attitude problem...one might just wonder if it registered at all....u know....anyway, it's time i think i get a profile pic myself....I will someday...when i become broadband er nathi...

Fri Dec 09, 11:05:00 AM 2005  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

hmmm...i might have been wrong about the attitude problem...i think it was just plain, simple, evryday stupidity...

Fri Dec 09, 11:17:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Aruni Bhattacharya said...

miracles are possible...
hmmm....hope the series will be back soon.

Sun Dec 11, 11:50:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home