Friday, February 10, 2006

Huh? What?

I have not slept for 36 hours now. From 9th Feb 1130a.m. to 10th Feb 1130p.m., no 39 winks for me. 36 straight hours of wide-awake-ness. I dont know why kept myself from sleeping, I could have, early in the morning and in the evenig, but i didn't. Strange. It's like I took a break from sleeping for a day. That's not so bad is it. The experience is quite interesting. I've never been awake for such a long stretch ever. I've had frequent mood swings after the first 12 hours, mild hallucinations and a general feeling of weirdness. There were short bursts of intense concentration too, almost a trance like state, very productive. Aaah! I know what you people are thinking! You think I've been studying all this while. Well, I studied for about 7 hours in the initial period but not after that at all. Trust me. Now I'm blogging about it. Why am I doing that either? I can't recall what I wrote in the previous sentence. Strange isn't it? I'm listening to Sting's 'Ten Summoner's Call' album. My head is shaking involuntarily to the music, atleast that's what I think. I'm still keeping myself awake though... it's 1150p.m. You think I'll crash after this? Think I'll sleep for 12 hours now? Think I'll continue being awake till I reach 48 hours?... I'll let my mind decide, since now it's got a mind of it's own...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am waiting for the last 48 hours for the radio to work,get some sleep ,wake up, fix it?

Sat Feb 11, 12:25:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

I've been up 32 hrs I think. When my flight got delayed. I was in an airport, not making much sense....trying to speak Hindi... not a very good thing to do when you're in that state. I'm lucky I got away without being reported for suspicious behaviour! I wasn't coherent at all. And I forgot where I was...and I almost lost my passport! What makes you do this on purpose?

Sat Feb 11, 06:59:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sphinx said...

Thats a neat pic you got there!
I for one cannot, nay will not do without my beauty sleep. I sleep because I pray homage to the sleep-god, sleepimus, by sleeping.

Sat Feb 11, 09:05:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

if u have problem hosting in siteburg y dont u try and host it somewhere else like angelfire.
U can also use embed code to play songs in ur webpage.

I am not sure how long i have been awake may be ..30-40 hrs ..i am not sure.
Neway , keep it up dude!!

Sat Feb 11, 10:43:00 PM 2006  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

well, i reached 38 hours in the end... then out of sheer boredom, started studying again and consequently fell asleep on my desk... slept for 6 hours, ate like a madman and now i'm awake again... sad life ain't it? It's like i'm bored of sleeping too! At this rate i'll get bored of life itself, and do the needful... until then let me try and fix the radio...

Sat Feb 11, 11:19:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sphinx said...

Well, I'd definitely recommend stone rocket since it worked for me. Click the stonerocket userbar right under my blog to go directly there.

Sun Feb 12, 01:03:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

thanks sphinx, will try...

Sun Feb 12, 02:02:00 AM 2006  
Blogger erebus said...

overdosed on Red bull and Berocca once.. stayed awake for ages and ages...

Sun Feb 12, 08:55:00 PM 2006  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

really?? they actually work??

Sun Feb 12, 11:04:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bone said...

issh, ki oniyom! dushtoo chhele kothakar, ma ki bolbe??

Mon Feb 13, 12:06:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

ma bollo: "chhotrish ghonta hoke aar aatchollish ghonta, porikkhaye paash korbi toh?"

Tue Feb 14, 11:01:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom said it best!

Thu Feb 16, 11:44:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

ranchi patate ..hobe toke !
mone hoi na !

Mon Mar 06, 01:58:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home