Thursday, February 09, 2006

Catcher?

Just finished reading ‘Catcher in the Rye’… haven’t read such a nice book in a long time, never perhaps. It killed me!!
I hate some people without actually knowing why I hate them. I mean, I have no issues against them but I thoroughly detest them anyway. I don’t go out of my way to hate them, I just do. Sounds strange but seems quite normal to me…
I think everybody is a phoney… including myself. I think people cant help being phoney at some level or the other. It’s just a part of being a social creature. Some people are really terrible in acting phoney and these people I hate utterly…
I just loved Holden Caulfield… I think we have much in common and are yet so fundamentally different. Why, because I don’t flunk all my subjects? Do I want to be him? At some level yes… but as I said I’m a phoney too… have to get back to my books. Enough nonsensical rambling, as if electronics was not depressing enough! Exams hrmph!

6 Comments:

Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Hehe. Join the club. I think I used the word "phony" for days after reading Catcher in the Rye. It's really brilliant.
That was time I discovered all these wonderful books all at once (Catcher, Nine Stories, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged, God of Small Things)and went absolutely gaga. I can read the chrocnicles of Holden again and again and again.

Thu Feb 09, 10:39:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Oh and you must read "To Esme with love and Squalor", i.e. Nine Stories, Franny and Zooey, Raise High the Roof Beam Carpenters and Seymour. Seymour ta went over my head...but try and read Raise High...Nine Stories you must you must you must.

Thu Feb 09, 10:41:00 AM 2006  
Blogger The Absolutist said...

yes yes yes... as soon as i can lay my hands on them... tor kachhe aachhe???

Thu Feb 09, 02:45:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

I have nine stories and franny and zooey. You can get the other one at the library. It's a very rare book.

Fri Feb 10, 05:26:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Tarantismo said...

its eerie, but i have a post in my blog that pretty much says the same thing!!!! phoney phoney phoney... and it feels weird to know that there's so many people who think things are phoney..i thought i was one of the enlightened few!!! anyway, so how do you get over this phoney syndrome.. i mean , you cant live life thinking of how phoney things are... let me know coz i'm trying to figure out how to handle all this phoneyness in this world....

Fri Mar 10, 06:19:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Tarantismo said...

oh yes, loony.. franny and zooey is really brilliant.. i've been trying to get hold of the other books, and yes they're pretty rare.. have any more good reads to suggest?

Fri Mar 10, 06:21:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home