Saturday, March 18, 2006

Whatever...

Haven't posted for a long time. Didn't feel like, didn't know what to write. Not that nothing interesting has happened in the last few weeks, its just that i found it stupid to actually sit down and narrate all these things. Its the post-exam blues i guess... the overwhelming lethargy at home and the uncontrollable urge to stay outdoors all the time.
Heard a lot of Hip Pocket in the past week at SPE and elsewhere. Sumit is superhuman! He is technically beyond perfect! Never seen anyone do all that without using a pick... I'm so proud to be a fingerstyle guitarist!! I still have hope...
Dont know why I keep going back to these stoopeed band competitions. I guess the stage is too alluring for performance artists. We came second (as usual) 'outperformed' by a band who covered Fossils! Thats the irony of my life. But thats it, no more 'competitions' for me. Its time to move on and let 'bangla rock' music claim its dominion over the college music scene! I have decided to wage war against them at some other front, some place where it will hurt them the most...*evil grin*
I thought performing covers was a learning process where you get to know stuff from musicians better than yourselves. For example, a guitarist covering a Pink Floyd song would aim to play exactly as David Gilmour played it and in the process learn a lot about a lot of things which would help him later when he attempts to compose his own songs. So a good band normally attempts to perform covers of difficult songs so as to improve their overall skills and technicalities. If thats the case the what the hell are these bands trying to prove by covering fossils, cactus and all those substandard, shitty bands? If this is the state of the college music scene then the future of Calcutta's music scene is bleak. Imagine going to Someplace Else to hear a band performing covers of Cactus! I'd rather end my life on a barrel full of vodka!
Anyway, life goes on...
I hate stoopeed tags but this one was pending for a long time, and I shall, as always, reluctantly oblige:
My perfect woman (sigh) :
1. Should be talkative ('coz I'm not) but should also be capable of intelligent conversation (I should be able to survive without using earplugs).
2. Should be a foodie and drinkie like me.
3. Has to be adventurous, ready to go places and do things at the drop of a hat.
4. Should not be whiny. I detest people who whine all the time.
5. Has to have a good sense of humour or else she wont survive 5 minutes with me.
6. Does not have to be drop dead gorgeous, decently cute ones will do.
7. Should not be pretentious and superficial. I have a natural filter against these kind of people.
8. Should enjoy dancing with me in the rain!
(Damn, can't believe that i actually wrote that!! Ha ha ha!)
I hate tagging people with such useless stuff so i spare all ye unsuspecting bloggers.
Now thats what i call a strange post!

2 Comments:

Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Ramachandran rocks!
Oh I'm so glad you have that nancy sinatra song. Heard it in Kill Bill..jantam na, who by.

Sun Mar 19, 03:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Sphinx said...

hehe poor you. I love the new RBlog, can't help falling in love is so awesome.

Mon Mar 20, 10:46:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home