Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Obsession

.

Most of my teenage and adult life I have been thoroughly obsessed with the innocent expressions of Meg Ryan. And obsessed is an understatement. Whenever I see a glimpse of her anywhere I tend to go back and stare atleast 6 times before moving on. When she cries on screen I cant help doing so myself. When I look into her eyes I just melt away. I know its all clichéd but then again its true. I have seen most of her films if not all. Let me see if I can remember all of them (ofcourse I can!):
Rich and Famous (1981)
Armed and Dangerous (1986)

Top Gun (1986)
Innerspace (1987)
The Presidio (1988)
D.O.A. (1988)
When Harry Met Sally (1989)
Joe versus the Volcano (1990)
The Doors (1991)
Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
I.Q. (1994)
When a Man Loves a Woman (1994)
French Kiss (1995)
Courage Under Fire (1996)
Addicted to Love (1997)
City of Angels (1998)
You’ve Got Mail (1998)
Proof of Life (2000)
Kate and Leopold (2001)
The Women (2005)

That’s about it I think. Though there are a few more that I haven’t seen. Don’t ask me which one is my favourite. I like anything and everything with even a small poster of Meg Ryan in it. If the number of times I watch a movie is an index of how much I like it then…Sleepless in Seattle (5 times in the same month thanks to Zee MGM), You’ve got mail (4 times thanks to Sam who gave me the VCD), Top Gun (4 times, obviously), I.Q. (thrice, physics and Meg, too good to resist), The Doors (twice, mostly with friends who were more interested in Jim Morrison played by Val Kilmer), When Harry met Sally (twice). As I said, I am totally obsessed.

I have always wanted to act as Fox Mulder opposite Meg Ryan, playing Dana Scully, in an episode of the X-files. Have been fantasizing about it since class 9. Wouldn’t it be cool? Imagine me as Mulder, would be an instant hit!

So I dedicate this post to the only woman who has been constantly in my life for the past 6 years.


The Absolutist’s Guide to the Universe

Metal : Any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets. Also a hyperstupid frequency of tranverse waves emanating from a cult-gathering of mentally deranged ape-descendants who believe that sacrificing their eardrums will appease their patron demon. The above mentioned frequencies have also been found to produce a sexual obsession for human and animal skeletons among those who hear it. The abundance of such noise in a planetary system is an index of the rate of reverse-evolution among the dominant species.

3 Comments:

Blogger Subhrajyoti Mukhopadhyay said...

someday u will win the world blog award

Wed Sep 21, 06:27:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

I like her too

Wed Sep 21, 07:23:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

was random blog surfing and found yours!
I liked your blog!

Thu Sep 22, 03:45:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home